Mr Iaken KIERO
Chief Executive Officer:
We are both passionate and envisioned to assist struggling rural communities in Vanuatu thrive economically through upskilling able men and women through the Overseas Seasonal Work programs of Australia and New Zealand in 2019 and beyond.
Mr Peter NAPWATT
We welcome aspiring rural workers, entrepreneurs and experienced overseas seasonal workers to make the long-awaited POSITIVE CHANGE to Vanuatu's rural, social and PRIMARY sectoral business economies.
Mr Blake NAPWATT
Our Mission is made possible by vibrant partners and donors like YOU who believe in the work we do - especially for youth in creative, sustainable and micro business enterprises in Vanuatu.
It has been our vision to see economically thriving rural communities in Vanuatu since our engagement
of the Overseas Seasonal jobs find, rural worker recruitment and Labour export to Australia and New Zealand fourteen (14) years ago. We aspire to innovate and strategize means to secure labor hire markets overseas, dynamic business networking and co-working space with both international partners and recipient hiring companies and recruiting farms in Australia and New Zealand for our workers coming from rural communities in Vanuatu.
We started off by recruiting our first OSWs for RSE New Zealand in 2004. To date, we are taking a
proactive step in enhancing our recruitment policy with instilling creative, practical and sustainable
business literacy to our OSWs; commencing from their pre seasonal work training and preparation to
the eventual re-integration of acquired skills into the productive sector of Vanuatu post seasonal work.
It is imperative that our OSW are taught to develop simple Business and Strategic Livelihood plans of
their own before engaging SWP in Australia and RSE in New Zealand. We innovate as we possibly can to
improvise and develop user-friendly personal planning templates for our OSWs coming from the outer
islands or rural communities of Vanuatu.
To groom, upskill and support competent labour for efficient and productive engagement in Horticulture, Silviculture, Livestock, Agro-tourism and hospitality industry to stimulate the promotion of diligent entrepreneurship and social responsibility among Ni-Vanuatu workers.
Mobilizing and utilizing the littlest ounce of skill and creativity for lucrative business creation forging maximized economic impact.
Empowering Communities for Self-reliance by supplying competent workforce for RSE and SWP labour requirements.
To establish a training avenue for self-reliance in the creation of entrepreneurial, innovative and sustainable businesses for youth in Vanuatu, the Pacific region and the world. The PowerMind (PM) as an inclusive and equitable youth company; totally adheres to operate its future business endeavors transparently and accountably.
We value LEADERSHIP that is fair and objective.
We COLLABORATE as a team and have fun.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED, creating special experiences for our clients.
We value INTEGRITY and equal opportunities.
We are RESULT-ORIENTED.
We value INNOVATION, ideas and seek to involve our people in everything we do.
1. Provide equal opportunity for competent men and women throughout Vanuatu to engage in MRIA’s work-ready program prior to selection.
2. Promote work ethics and time management as crucial to their engagement in Australia and New Zealand seasonal workers program.
3. Assign activities to reinforce workers’ endurance and competence as a measure to enable effective settling in upon arrival in Australia and New Zealand.
4. Undertake to involve family, community and community leaders in endorsing successful candidates for seasonal employment in Australia and New Zealand.
5. Select workers based on their commitment and successful completion of selected tasks on designated farms in Port Vila, Santo and Tanna based on meritorious standards.
6. Engage a workable program to allow workers focus on specific investment opportunities upon return to facilitate MRIA’s Monitoring and Evaluation of the seasonal work program locally.
7. Assist returnees to settle into the reintegration program for the promotion of Vanuatu’s rural economic development.
8. Conduct refresher training every two years to identify elements of change due to prolonged absences due to seasonal work.
9. Promote positive changes and discourage negative attitudes that may threaten to impact negatively on social and cultural norms in culturally diverse Vanuatu communities.
10. Promote understanding, knowledge and use of basic ICT for improved literacy of workers in business management and marketing.